Tuesday 11 February 2014

A Minions Ways to Lose: ep.3 ...Swimmin' Log

''I Think that tree log is swimming toward me...'' 
Is probably most people's last words when they encounter a Bull Snapper.

For today's 'A Minions Ways to Lose', a very small blog post just featuring my Bull Snapper's pictures.







Painting:
This little beast, like Barnabas, benefited from the airbrush treatment at the same time as Barnabas and as such, its colors are pretty much the same in the same order except for the ''US Grey'' step.
I added ''Ivory''(Val) for the belly and airbrushed some ''Hemp''(Val) for the 'Spiny Growth' on its back.

Paintbrush
-Either ''Warboss Green'' (GW) or ''Moot Green'' were used to highlight the face and some part of the scales.
-''Trollblood Highlight'' (PIP) might have been used to highlight the Hemp although I can't remember.
-''Midlund Flesh'' (PIP) was used for the fleshy jaw part, ''Jack Bone''(PIP) for the teeth,
-''Black Green'' (SWM), ''Dark Sepia'' (SWM) and ''Dried Blood'' (SWM) washes were used on the crocodile for scale, spiny growth and fleshy jaw part.

As the pictures show: I went really lazy on this one.

Game-wise, this model is considered one of the better warbeast for Gators as it brings an extremely good animus (Spiny Growth) and doesn't cost too many points to field.
It seems like a tricky warbeast because if it kills something living it will go to sleep and remove a fury point which might make it not ideal versus infantry and more suited toward solo-hunting/attacking other light warbeasts.
I'm not sure if it'll make it into my 15pts or even 25pts list yet...Its definitely in my 35pts as it is painted and will help Barnabas/Rask not suffer too much if one of the two heavies dies.

Next on A Minions Ways to Lose:
A Thursday Journeyman League Battlereport plus exclusive pictures of my Croak Hunters fully painted to collect those precious hobby points:

Ribbit!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment